Handheld computers can really change the way kids work in the classroom. When each student has the technology readily available amazing things can happen! My intent for this blog is to collect and post ideas, comments and resources for all. Please join me!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hooked on Handhelds!


Since 1997 when I received my first handheld computer (PalmV) as a gift from my husband, I have been hooked on them. Back then I was addicted to the calendar, address book and memos. I found those three tools to be invaluable. Since then I depend on my handheld for just about everything except cooking my dinner or making my bed.
In 2002 I attended Palm Education Training Coordinator (PETC) training and as part of the training, received a Zire71 which had a built in camera. Now (2006) I am using the PalmTX with internet access and Bluetooth capabilities. I have even purchased the PalmOne GPS device and TomTom software which has been a great tool in helping me to find many destinations including new routes to and from familiar destinations. I also download books from Audible.com which I listen to when I go for my morning walks. I download books to eReader which I read whenever I have a few minutes here and there. I even like to read before falling asleep at night as you never lose your page, you don't need the light on, and when you fall asleep it will turn itself off after a short period of time.
I often say, "If I lost my handheld computer I may as well stay in bed in the morning because I wouldn't know where to go or how to get there!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home